11 Little Known Facts About Our Swax Lax Intern and Youth Lacrosse Coach July 12, 2018 11:35
Each year, Swax Lax invites high school seniors to join our staff as spring and summer interns. We were thrilled this year when Morristown-Beard senior lacrosse player and longtime Sum It Up youth lacrosse coach, Jay Goldy, joined us.
Recently Jay shared 11 little known facts about his favorite lacrosse moments and advice for little laxers.
1. How long have you been playing lacrosse?
Since 1st grade.
2. What's your favorite thing about lacrosse?
It’s a fast paced, high scoring team sport.
3. What’s your favorite piece of lacrosse gear that you can't live without?
My stick, I’ve had my shaft since 4th grade!
4. Who’s your favorite player?
Rob Pannell, professional lacrosse player for the New York Lizards and Team USA (played for Cornell).
5. Who’s your favorite superhero?
6. What’s your favorite snack that gets you through lacrosse practice or games?
7. Do you have any pre-game rituals or superstitions?
Listen to the same playlist, and have a catch with the same teammate before the game.
8. What is the best advice you've ever received from a coach?
“Catch the ball and put it in the net.”
9. Favorite lacrosse memory?
8th grade championship game winner in overtime.
10. What do love most about coaching little ones?
Seeing how much they improve over the [camp] week.
11. What are some tips you would give to a young lacrosse player?
Practice as much as possible! Just go outside and play.
How about you? Tell us!
About the Author
Lorena Zanetti spearheads social media and PR for Swax Lax. When she’s not busy creating stories for our brand, she’s storytelling at home with her 6-year-old daughter. And now that her daughter is participating in youth sports, she can officially add "Sports Mom" to her list of titles.